2.16.2009

Lions & Tigers & Bears...the Shower!

Before my sweet nephew was born...we threw a safari themed shower for my sis, Heather. Picking a theme for the party was an easy one! Heather had done a beautiful job of creating a safari themed nursery. It was so fun to see the shower guests get in on the theme and bring gifts that went along with it!

 CUTE tags by my friend & amazing co-hostess: Brit!
(see more details of this shower on her blog: mostlikleylate.blogspot.com)

Zebra Bites: aka. Chocolate Crackles (recipe from Martha)
I made these late the night before. One of my favorites!...
because there's chocolate involved!

African Clouds: Brit's famous meringues!


laughing hyenas: snickerdoodles
(my mom's delicious cookies!..and a big hit!)

chunky monkey: banana oatmeal...yum...made by Brit.

The Spread!
(glass jars from target, nordstroms, ikea...Labels on Jars created by Brittany!)

The Watering Hole: refreshments
(chocolate soymilk, whole milk, water...)

Little name tags for the cups:
I made these tags out of wrapping paper from The Paper Source. The tag punch is from Stampin Up.

Thanks to Megan, Steph, Krista & my Mom for helping us with the baking!

The favor bags & labels were sewn & made by Brit!

The happy prego - my sis! 
(giraffe was handmade by Tif...so cute!)

12 comments:

melissa said...

LOVE it! Sooo cute! You are so creative and talented! I miss you- come back! Thanks for sharing pictures... GREAT ideas!!

Jenn Kirk said...

That looks SO incredible!! Love the treat bags with the zigzag stitch. You are so creative!

(And are and your sis twins?!)

Elisa said...

Yep I have a twin sister. :) We live just a few blocks away from each other too! Very fun for our kiddos to get together!

Elisa said...

Oh! And Brittany (mostlikelylate.blogspot.com) stitched each of the treat bags! No detail is spared when she puts on a party!

brit.brat said...

guess you have to get me back for the picture i posted of you. THANKS!!
oh..sweet revenge.

Long Family said...

Elisa, you are a wonderful sister and friend. I felt so loved at my baby shower. I appreciate you and Brit and the huge amount of thought, time and effort you both put into making this a special night for me. The Chocolate Crackles you made were delish! Everything turned out perfect! :) Thanks!

brit.brat said...

the photos are fabulous. they almost look cartoonish.

Elisa said...

thanks! the top photo i dropped into photoshop & used the cutout filter...which posterizes the photograph when it's used. It's one of my favorite filters to add to a photo when trying to make certain elements stand out or simplify/abstract.

ginadedom said...

I love the tags you made.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shower... love the paper products!

april said...

I've never seen such a fancy shmancy shower before! Wow, will you throw one for me? You definitely have talent girl.

Elisa said...

apes! wish so much you lived closer!!! i will throw you a shower any day. just need a couple weeks notice to by a plane ticket and plan the details.